Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Arkansas Birth Photography

Miss Harlee Jo made her grand entrance on May 22nd. I met with her mom and dad a few weeks prior to discuss her upcoming day. After speaking with her doctor, Harlee's mom Kelsey was pretty certain that a c-section was a strong possibility and was getting a little nervous about labor. Miss Harlee however had very different plans, and on Thursday she decided the entire birth was going to be very laid back and without dramatics :) Harlee's dad Justin sent me a text on the morning of the 22nd that Kelsey was just about ready to start delivering. I headed over to the hospital to begin the preparation of meeting this little princess.



I asked Kelsey to share the story behind Harlee Jo's name.

"My Grandma's name is Jo, and my middle name is Jo, so Harlee's middle name is Jo :) When we finally agreed that the time was right to have a baby, we were reminded that it took more than just the two of us to have a baby. God had a better plan and made us wait just a little longer."


It was time for Kelsey to begin pushing, and it wouldn't be too much longer until sweet Harlee met her mom and dad face to face for the very first time. You could tell by the emotion in the room that everyone was thinking the same thing. Harlee was definitely worth that wait her mom spoke of, and was absolutely perfect.



She was born at 1:08pm weighing 8lbs and 12oz. She was 21 inches long.


Harlee came into the studio a few days ago for her Newborn Session. She was still very laid back, and truthfully one of the easiest babies to photograph that I have ever seen. She loved having her photos made and I am so excited to know that I will see her every 3 months to document the first year of her life!



Kelsey and Justin, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this special time in your lives. Harlee Jo is perfect and I am so honored you chose me to capture this time for you all. I am looking forward to watching her grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment